Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Getting geared up for the school year

Well, the new school year is nearly upon us. While this is my 8th year teaching, thanks to some time off through a sabbatical, I'm planning to revisit everything I do in the classroom (no ruts here.)  My primary goal is to do some writing about public sociology and service learning. However, I'm hoping to also spend some time formalizing assessment for all these various service learning projects I have running and getting the student clothing and food bank running. I've also decided to make a more concerted effort to implement research based teaching best practices. Step one will be to take a shot at learning student names (no more just throwing out that generic "I'm bad with names excuse.")  Thanks to www.fiverr.com I will also soon be releasing the official Brian the Sociologist logo. Yes, a smartphone app will likely follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Right now on Twitter...